If you are anything like us, you have lists and lists of things to do to get ready for the big wedding day, checking off things as they get accomplished. But here is a little twist to your routine- a list of what NOT to do. Brides sometimes make rash decisions which can end up affecting the outcome of the big day. So check off this quick list of what not to do, and you will be ready to go!
1. Do NOT crash diet. This is SO bad for you in general, not even to mention as it gets closer and closer to the wedding. While it is good to make sure you are sleek and healthy to look amazing in your dress, it can often times make you dull and dreary. Nutritionists say to maintain a healthy weight loss, eat about 1,300 calories a day and aim to lose only about 2-3 pounds a week.
2. Do NOT focus on having the perfect wedding. We know, you want to make sure eveything is absolutely perfect. But you do not need to show up everyone who ever has had a wedding before yours. Trying to be the best will make you forget about what is truly important- you and your significant other.
3. Do NOT put aside your parent's and family's feelings. No matter when or how you are getting married, it is a big adjustment for everyone. Make sure to keep in mind the opinions and feelings of all involved and know that when they try to push their opinions on your, it's because they care.
4. Do NOT blow your wedding budget. Diamond studded silverware may SOUND like a good idea, but in the grand scheme of things may be something that you can do without. It may seem like not a bad idea to spend a little more than you were planning to, but you can plan an amazing wedding without having to pay it off for the next few years- Expenses add up quickly! Stick to the budget and you are sure to be able to have a fantastic event.
5. Do NOT let the wedding be the only thing you talk of. It is absolutely ok for you to be excited- we would be worried if you werent! But talking endlessly about the wedding gets old for everyone. Plus, it reveals all the surprises that should happen at then wedding!
6. Do NOT neglect your fiance. Even if they dont want to go over all the tiny details with you, it is still important to make time for the two of you. Planning can be stressful, especially if you are doing most of it yourself. Try to set aside at least one night a week for date night and spend some quality time together!
7. Do NOT become a total diva. Need we say more? While the big day is absolutely about you, not every single second up until then is as well. Most of the time acting like a dive will cause arguments and anger between ou and your family and friends, so just avoid it at all cost and have fun!
* inspired by~http://www.bridalguide.com/etiquette/the-seven-deadly-bridal-sins?page=0,4